The Leigh has never been home to a dedicated community hall. In the forties and fifties there was a ‘recreational hut’ close to the Foresters Arms, but this burnt down in the late 1970s. Plans to build a village hall were outlined in the 1950s, but mothballed due to financial difficulties.
Inns / Pubs
The Foresters Arms (Malmesbury Road) is still open. Established in 1881.
The Three Horseshoes (Leigh Crossroads) 1848 – 1960. Historical data suggests this pub was older, and previously called the Three Cups.
Leigh School opened in 1894 on a plot of land next to the church. This was two years before the village church was relocated onto Swan Lane from the site at The Chancel.
It was never a big school, and only designed to teach two classrooms of 30 pupils in each.
In the early 1970s, the school became a primary only (for ages 4-11), and older children were transferred to specialist secondary schools. It was closed completely in 2004 following decades of discussions about the feasibility of keeping the school open for such a small community.